Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Accepting the Robin Challenge

I will admit that I particularly liked my last week's post about kicking off robin studies in lieu of a Valentine's party.

I realized today I should do a bit more than tell you "Kick off a robin study" as if it only involved going to the local big box store and buying a box of robin studies that you pass out on Monday morning.

Part of this online nature journal is to be a model of one way to do nature journaling in an educational setting.

So join me as I accept my challenge to myself and attempt to keep a nature journal that includes robin studies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Date: Feb 16, 2015
Time: 8am
Location: My house, Pierre
Temp;
Skies
Wind

A single male robin, sighted on my neighbor's deck. I saw him as I was returning back to the house after dragging out the recycling for pick up. He was outside when I went to check a few minutes later but gone after I left and returned with a camera.

No subsequent robins, no singing this week because it's been cold. I will be out of town next week and if it's warm, i.e. upper 30's, I expect the robins to start moving in and sing.

Also, this is a cautionary tale about not recording your data as soon as you collect it as I have no memory of Temps, Skies, or Wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment